RFID-based Apparel Management Expert System for Operator Task Allocation and Production Line Balancing
In apparel manufacturing, decisions in operator task allocation and production line balancing greatly rely on the knowledge, experience and subjective assessment of production management. Their decisions are always found to be inconsistent and ineffective. Although current RFID-based data capture systems can facilitate the capture of production data and provide real-time reports, they cannot utilise the captured real time data for detailed analysis to assist the production management for better decision making. The RFID-based Apparel Management Expert (RAME) System utilising artificial intelligence techniques can generate effective and efficient solutions for operator task allocation and production line balancing.
The RFID-based Apparel Management Expert (RAME) System integrating with the real time production data captured by existing RFID system, adopts artificial intelligence techniques to generate effective and efficient solutions for operator task allocation and production line balancing of apparel manufacturers.
- The RAME system is the first innovation on integration of RFID and artificial intelligence techniques.
- Unlike the existing RFID production data capture systems which can only capture data without analysis and generating solutions, the RAME system can conduct detailed data analysis, generate effective and efficient solutions for operator task allocation and production line balancing.
- Time Shortening on Staff Deployment - The system can shorten time spent on operator assignment of a production line before a new production order is released for processing。
- Increase of Production Efficiency - The system enables an efficient production distribution and effective solution on decision-making with collection and application of real-time data.
A non-exclusive licence covers:
- The knowhow including the patent document for the development of a Smart Process Flow Management Expert System for Agile Manufacturing of Apparel Supply Chain
- A technical manual of the system
- Efficiency Prediction Module: to predict the coming production efficiency of each operator.
- Intelligent Operator Assignment Module: to generate an optimal operator assignment of a production line before a new production order is released for processing.
- Intelligent Line Balancing Module: to generate an optimal re-balancing solution to the production management for adjusting the operator and workstation assignment.
- Intelligent Production Progress Prediction Module: to predict the production progress and completion time of each production order.
The research deliverable is now open for licensing. For more details, please contact us. (Email: email@example.com ; Tel: (852) 2627 0180)