Synthesis of Self-Cleaning Materials for Textiles Products
Visible light self-cleaning surface treatment for textiles was achieved by adopting the rapidly emerging nanotechnology. A nanoscaled thin transparent doped nano TiO2 layer was formed on the fiber surface with very good durability. The nanolayer acting as catalysts can break down and remove dirt, odour, bacteria, colour stains, harmful organic materials, such as formaldehyde and other carbon-based molecules with the help of visible light or indoor light source in a process of photocatalysis.
The treatment is easy to apply to various textile substances, such as cotton, polyester, nylon and other natural and synthetic materials. The technology can be applied to sportswear, leisurewear, footwear, interior wall fabrics, furniture fabrics, carpets, curtains, automobile interior fabrics, medical fabrics, technical textiles, soft toys and leathers.
A dip-pad-cure process is preferable for the application of self-cleaning finishing agent with the following conditions for reference only: one dip and one pad with solution pick-up about 70-80%, then cured at 120。C for 2 min.
- Energy saving process without the need for high temperature curing
- Applicable at temperature from room temperature to 120℃
- Particles have the right arrangement of atoms - anatase form - this arrangement boosts the particles catalytic power
- Utilisation of visible light or indoor light source
- High wash fastness
- No skin irritation
- Low cost
- Suitable for various textile fibres, plastics, wood, leathers, etc.
- Able to utilize existing textile manufacturing equipments
A non-exclusive licence covers the fabrication and application of an advanced self-cleaning treatment system.
The research deliverable is now open for licensing. For more details, please contact us. (Email: email@example.com ; Tel: (852) 2627 0180)