Imaging Colour Measurement System (ICM) based on multi-spectral technique
The ICM system provides a total solution for the textile and apparel industry meeting rigorous standards of color measurement, color management, color communication and quality control. The system can measure fabric samples of multi-coloured, different sizes with regular or irregular shapes, different textures ranging from yarn-dyed sample, laces, lingerie, accessories, to printing fabric.
The system consists of an illumination and imaging system, providing a non-contact color measurement based on multispectral imaging technology. It can perform a high definition, consistent and reliable color measurement to satisfy the increasingly diverse applications of the textiles and apparel industry as well as other industries with colour application.
The ICM system is mainly used for color measurement and quality control of multi-colored and irregular fabric products in the textile and apparel industry. However, with improvement and upgrading of the existing system, its usage of colour quality control can also be extended to industries of plastic, home textile, food, cosmetics and electronic products.
By means of the special optic design, the visible spectrum of the ICM system can be split into more than three narrow bands and a fabric sample captured by a set of monochrome images under a controlled and uniform illumination system. Compared with the conventional trichromatic imaging technology, this system can output a series of high definition image data and give a better performance. The ICM system effectively overcomes the problem of the metamerism and offers a more rigorous and accurate colour measurement and quality control.
- Non-contact colour measurement--- Use multispectral imaging technique to capture high spatial and spectral resolution images;
- Unique features --- Enable colour measurements of multi-coloured fabrics and samples of accessories in different sizes and irregular shapes;
- High definition accuracy --- Calibration performed with standards traceable to the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) which provides a reliable and consistent spectral reflectance measurement;
- High fidelity visualisation --- able to solve the problem of metamerism under different illuminant conditions;
- Intelligence --- Extract the dominant colors from the measured fabric samples automatically to conduct colour formulation;
- Shortened product development cycle --- speed up the development of new fabric and different color products by measuring and changing colours on the calibrated display terminals, and speed up the development of new fabric and different color products;
- Less time and cost spent on color communication --- Transmit multispectral images via internet or intranet to eliminate deliveries of physical samples.
The research deliverable is now open for licensing. For more details, please contact us. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: (852) 2627 0180)