Fabric Touch Tester (FTT)
The hand feel of a piece of fabric is an important issue when consumption decisions are made. On the basis of a complete neuro-physiological mechanism and clear physical interpretation, this project has developed a novel measurement method on fabric hand feel and instrument for the textiles industry.
The fabric touch tester is able to measure multiple physical properties of fabric specimens including thermal transmission, bending, compression and surface friction aspects in both warp and weft directions in one single trial. Software with integrated prediction models is also designed to calculate touch feeling scores for fabrics. Industry can make use of these deliverables to develop a set of guidelines or product standards in term of touch feelings for specified products.
Development of new fabrics.
Fabric evaluation and selection of designing apparel and textiles products.
Quality control in fabric and garment manufacturing, merchandising and trading.
Certification of fabric touch comfort performance for apparel and textile products.
A widely accepted rating system developed by the tester can provide scientific measurements which helps eliminate disagreement of subjective argument on fabric touch feelings. It will contribute to the development of a mature industry with objective measurements.
- Physical testing is able to be based on the neuro-physiological stimulus mechanism of fabric touch feeling.
- The instrument with a unique design and motor principle is able to make measurements of bi-direction testing at the same time.
- Dynamic thermal properties testing by the instrument can bridge the current gap of the machines in the market and ensure comprehensive evaluation of fabrics.
- Testing duration is short and the programme interface is user-friendly.
- A single machine can be used to test the thermal, compression, bending, and surface properties of fabrics.
A non-exclusive license of manufacturing Fabric Touch Tester for fast measurement of fabric touch properties such as surface friction properties, dynamic heat conductivity properties and dynamic bending properties of soft materials.
The research deliverable is now open for licensing. For more details, please contact us. (Email: email@example.com; Tel: (852) 2627 0180)