The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel (HKRITA) is committed to meet the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Some areas of HKRITA's website may ask the users to provide personal data via the site for various reasons, including but not limited to, for the purposes of membership or events registration, e-newsletter subscription and making enquiries, as applicable (the "Services"). The provision of personal data is voluntary, though the user may be unable to benefit from such Services if the user chooses not to do so. The user will be informed of what information is required and what information is optional. The type of personal data may include name, company name, job title, personal and company address, phone and fax number, email address, as applicable. We may also use the information that you provide to create a personal client profile in order to let you know of technologies or events that may be of interest to you, as applicable. We may combine personal data we collect on the Sites with other information we collect offline about users to better tailor marketing or for other related purposes, such as internal research. The site will specify the collection purpose and intended usage of your data when it invites you to provide such information. Any email we send to you will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of the subscription. Simply follow the indications in the email.Classes of persons to whom your data may be transferred include our authorized sub-contractor, event organizers or members of our staff who will process your on-line membership application, event registration, e-newsletter subscription and enquiries.
Use of Personal Data in Direct Marketing and Provision of Personal Data for Use in Direct Marketing
We use and/or intend to use your personal data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- your name, company name, job title, personal and company address, phone and fax number, email address held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- the classes of services and subjects that may be marketed are:
- research and development services relating to textile, clothing, leather, apparel and/or footwear;
- promotion and/or solicitation services for research and development technologies or products relating to textile, clothing, leather, apparel and/or footwear for commercialization; and
- promotion and/or solicitation services for research and development support and/or funding programs on textile, clothing, leather, apparel and/or footwear for project development; and
- fashion and textile design, textile management, quality management, chemical engineering, machinery, electronics, marketing, merchandising, fashion retailing, trading, information technology and logistics services relating to textile, clothing, leather, apparel and/or footwear.
- the above services and subjects may be provided or solicited by us and/or:
- any of our Group Company* that offers any of the services listed in paragraph (ii) above relating to textile, clothing, leather, apparel and/or footwear;
- any of our authorized sub-contractor that provides any of the services listed in (ii) above relating to textile, clothing, leather, apparel and/or footwear
- telecommunications network service providers; and
- advertising, public relations, research and/or marketing companies or agencies.
- in addition to marketing the above services and subjects relating to textile, clothing, leather, apparel and/or footwear, we also provide and/or intend to provide the data described in paragraph (i) above to all or any of the persons described in paragraph (iii) above for use by them in marketing our services and subjects listed in paragraph (ii) above relating to textile, clothing, leather, apparel and/or footwear, and we require your written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose.
* "Group Company" means any subsidiary of HKRITA, any direct or indirect holding company of HKRITA , any subsidiary of any such holding company or any of their related companies (that is such companies’ equity interest is held by any of the foregoing), and "subsidiary" and "holding company" bear the meanings under the Companies Ordinance (Cap.32).
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, individuals have the right to request access to and correction of their personal data held by HKRITA. If you want to access or correct your personal information held by HKRITA, please write to the Head, Corporate Services, The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel, R906-08, Shirley Chan Building, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Data access request can also be made by completing and returning the Data Access Request Form to the aforesaid address. HKRITA may impose a fee for the processing of any data access request.
If you have any enquiries, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (852)2627 0180.